Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Give Us The Cure!

I just wanted to update everyone. I have unfortunately had a death in the family. It makes working out the least of my worries. I have a feeling this blog is about to get a little more depth to it. I'm going to use this as more than weight loss and the frustrations with it. I want this to be my outlet.

       Yesterday, I lost my grandfather to cancer. I've spent the last several months preparing for it, emotionally... Last night, I sat and cried. I had tears streaming down my face. To be honest, I thought I had already past that point after I cried when he was first diagnosed a year ago... but I was wrong. I spent my childhood Summer vacations with this man, so I have so many memories to hold onto. That doesn't make this any easier.
       I hate death and I never handle it well. I have issues with saying goodbye. I know they end up in a better place of peace and the suffering ends, but good people don't deserve to die that way. It breaks my heart. I can't believe that there's not a cure (or at least "they" claim there isn't). You mean to tell me that we can clone animals, but we can't cure disease? I'm at a loss for words... I'm thankful that he's no longer in pain or suffering. I'm going to miss him....

No comments:

Post a Comment