Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cupcakes, Thyroids, Reality TV and You!

If anyone knows of a healthy way to make cupcakes, please let me know. I've been having the desire to bake. No really to eat them, but just to do it. I enjoy cooking (thanks, Mom) and I love to see people enjoy what I fix. I love to make new things. Lately, I've seen a few shows about creating unique baked goods... it makes me want to do it. The down side being that those things are typically unhealthy. So, who knows? Maybe I can find a way to change that. I'll keep you updated!

So, the past two days, I've tried to workout, but being on the run all day makes it hard. I've spent the last couple of days with beautiful babies, so that's my excuse. Also, since starting this whole thing, I've been concerned with some health issues. I plan on going and have some blood work done to see if I have a jacked up thyroid. If I do, that could explain why I'm not losing weight like I should. Does anyone have thyroid issues? I'm having all of the symptoms. I've maintained the same weight for over a year.... and now that I decide to get up and do something about it, I'm not losing anything, and I thinking I'm actually gaining. I'm not building much muscle, so I don't think the gain is due to the fact that muscle weighs more than fat. I hate the fact that this entire process is becoming very irritating for me. The only other thing I can figure is that I'm knocked up (a test this weekend will tell me that). Don't get me wrong, I definitely want to have more kids. I would love to be in shape before that happens though. (We'll touch more on the "tiny spawn syndrome" later).

I am very fortunate to be building a bigger support group. I have some great friends that are on this journey with me and I love them for that. It would be fantastic if I could start my own reality show and call it "The Fat Girls Club" (and if you still my idea, I will fork your eye out!). Some of them are also blogging with me (writing 365 letters). I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm scared that I'm going to lose people that I love dearly (sooner than I should) because of health problems... Some are easy to fix and avoid. These people have no idea how much I love them and I want them to live a full and happy life. I'm not going to list any names because if those people read this blog, they'll know I'm talking about them.

Someone... somewhere... has to start this movement. The younger generations need to influence the older ones and the ones after us! If I can motivate my parents while teaching my son, then maybe this can spread like wild fire... or chicken pox, whatever. The hardest part is that I cannot do this alone. It won't make a difference. WE have to do it as a whole. Yes, I'm talking to you. If you have the time to sit and read this, you have the time to make a healthy choice for dinner... lunch... breakfast. Parents, if you have a child that hates veggies, find a way to gradually mix them in and teach them to love them. Children, if your parents think they're "beyond" getting healthy, show them that they aren't! Take baby steps. No one said you had to get off the couch right now and run a mile. No one said you had to stop eating your pizza, candy and hamburgers right now. Start off with once or twice a week... then move to three... then four... and you aren't a dumbass, you can figure it out from there. If you only have five minutes out of the day to exercise, then get up and do it. Even if it's just walking around the outside of your house one time, it's still better than just sitting there watching TV.

Look at it like this: It's the "Better Than What I Was Doing" diet (I hate that word. Diets are temporary.) Let's call it the "BTWWD" change! Hypothetically, let's say you eat out four times a week. Next week, only eat out three times and on that fourth night, have a salad instead. Instead of just sitting there watching TV, get up and down off the couch five times during commercial breaks. It's as simple as that. I know, I know... easier said than done. It's been a long day and you want to relax. I get it. I really do. We're talking about saving your life. Besides, with getting healthy, you have more energy so that you won't feel as shitty every day. I feel like I'm talking out of my ass when it comes to some of this.... With some people, I'm sure you're just reading my blogs just to have something to do... Maybe you're a friend of mine... maybe you're just bored... But! I know that there's one person out there that needs to hear this. I may not know you, but you're reading this right now and something is clicking in your head. Now is the time to bust through this brick wall you've been staring at! Ready.... Set.... GO!

3 comments:

  1. so..do you still smoke? cause you keep harping on weight and how unhealthy it is, but smoking is much worse. fat people can be healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. I quit smoking back in December. I have only had a few socially since then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I fully understand fat people can be healthy, just like skinny people can be UNhealthy. My goal is for myself and people I care about to just get HEALTHY.

    ReplyDelete