Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Shut up, Fat!

Ok, I'll admit it, I took advantage of today. The fat part of me wanted one more day to shove as much bad shit down my throat before I started busting ass. After all, what in the hell was I thinking starting a diet on a weekend!? As of midnight tonight, no more junk! So, I should probably hurry up and finish this amazing Cherry Dr. Pepper blended float, huh? It's so damn good! I can't help it. Maybe I should have called this blog "Mommy Needs Sweets" (only to be inspired by the fabulous Aunt Becky of Mommy Wants Vodka).
Shit! I hate it when I think of something good to write and I sit down and forget it all. I guess I could go in to the fact that I have a son who will soon be 10 years old and it's time I set a good example for him.
I have several things fighting against me when it comes to weight loss.
1. Laziness. That's my own fault. I'm fully aware of that. Again, part of the reason I started this blog is to give myself a project and a way to track my changes.
2. Being a woman. Men, shut the fuck up! It's true that women have a harder time than men do.
3. My body. I've had a couple wrecks that make it very difficult to live life on a daily basis without hurting, much less working out. I have a metal plate and screws in my ankle that hurts 24/7 which make walking for 30 minutes a pain in my ass (literally), but I have to do it. Be prepared, I'll most likely bitch a lot about it.
4. My love affair with sweets. Yep, it's true. I love just about anything sweet. I'm very surprised that my son didn't slide out of the birth canal being addicted to candy.
5. Genes. My entire family has trouble with weight. We can't help it that our ancestors raised some of the best cooks in the world! I'm a Southern girl and we love food.
6. Excuses. I'm full of them! That's pretty self explanatory.
7. Co-dependent. I can't motivate myself most of the time (until now). I didn't use to be that way. I guess being an ex-addict has something to do with that. Who knows?
Alright - those are the things I'm bringing to the table. I feel as though I'm extremely jumbled throughout this blog, but whatever. It is what it is. Maybe I'll touch on a few more things later on.

Is there anything you would like to see me write about in the blog? Do you have a question you'd like for me to answer? Have any advice for me? Feel free to send an email to blogyourassoff@yahoo.com

Tomorrow is a new day. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this!

2 comments:

  1. Weight loss is HARD, yo, but you can do it. I've had to do it before three times (thanks, babies) and you can. Weight Watchers is a great diet and a good place to start if you haven't had success before. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a big pain the in ass... but something has to change before I lose my mind! Thanks, Aunt Becky! xo

    ReplyDelete