Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Facebook IV and Drag Queen Makeover

Yesterday wasn't very eventful, and let me tell you why. I have issues, we've already determined, with laziness. Facebook is evil... but I love it so much! I get up, sign on and then get sucked it. We're all being brainwashed! I know there's millions of you that feel the way I do. As a society, we all fear that we're going to miss something, so we sign up for all these social networks and refresh 478 times a minute so we don't miss a status update, or new photo. Why in the hell are we all so nosy!? I think some people would gladly have a Facebook IV if it were possible. And we wonder why we're getting fatter and fatter. You would think with me writing this, I would be completely against the computer, but hell no! In this day and age, we really do need the computer because we don't use our brains much anymore. If I spent half as much time working out as I do on the computer or watching TV, I would be one bad ass looking bitch! On a side note, it pisses me off that applying for jobs is such a pain in the ass these days. We are slowly but surely working towards losing verbal communication. Let me explain where I'm going with this. While applying for jobs, everything is online  and you typically have to fill out a "personality assessment" which take you an hour to complete. So, I have to sit and waste so much time out of my day filling out these fucking applications! In a matter of 8 hours, I can only complete 8-10 of them! That's a full day of work and the entire time, I'm sitting on my ass... not because I want to, but because I have to! So, there you have it, my rant about yesterday.

I really think that I need to get a group of drag queens to give me a makeover! They are so fabulous! Besides, most of them are gorgeous and could teach me a few things. I envy them. Don't judge me. -(1 hour later)- I forgot where I was going with that. I literally just got off the treadmill! Holy shit! Let me just tell you something, if I can do this, you can do this! I really wanted to give up 5 minutes into this one. Seriously. I have found a way to keep going. I touched on short-term goals in the last blog but didn't really go into much detail. The way I keep myself going on the treadmill is I turn on a TV show and tell myself "go until the next commercial" and then when those commercials come on I say "ok, I can make it to the next commercial... so on and so on. That may not work for everyone. Also, cover up the time on the treadmill... otherwise, you'll only make it seem longer on yourself if you continuously look at the time. Another thing you can do is pop in your favorite CD and try walking through the entire thing. You can do it!
So, pull out the Facebook IV, get off your ass (unless you're working or filling out applications, or writing blogs), and get up and do something! It can be done. Future Skinny Bitches, Unite!

2 comments:

  1. i am so with you on this...the stupid computer keeps me sane, but on the down side it keeps me fat....i will start i have set my goal and i will also add to at that time i have to quit smoking as well cant walk n smoke neways...trying the getting healthy approach instead of im fat and have to go walk approach...im with u girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I'm proud of you! We can do this. Go to "Fat Girls Can Run" blog and do it with me! I'm starting Sunday.

    ReplyDelete